"Uhh, by the way, the cabinet that is standing in the Tool Storage, keep an eye on that, alright? As I investigated the room today, I felt a strong ambience of... danger as I opened this cabinet. Not sure why, heh Just keep an eye on it every now and then, yeah? If it should open and nobody is standing there... someone might be, well, rushing towards you."
Toad is one of the new antagonists introduced in Five Nights at Wario's 2. He functions a bit like Foxy from Five Nights at Freddy's.
Toad has taken on a much more "distorted" look from that of his regular counterpart, as all of the other plumbers have. For one, Toad's mouth seems to be of very wide stature, housing a set of very sharp teeth. His eyes are just black holes and a tiny pupil white, or empty sockets, as Peach's and Luigi's are.
Toad starts in the Tool Storage inside of the closet. If the player fails to continue checking on Toad every now and then he will sneak into the office (he'll sneak into the office without making any sound so you won't be able to see/hear him coming) and will jumpscare the player immediately, unless the player is in the backroom (But Toad will still be in the office waiting for you, and he won't leave at this point after arriving to the office regardless of how long you stay in the backroom). There is a loud sound which sounds like a door opening every time he moves. If it is heard 3 times, he has left the Tool Storage. Sometimes, this sound doesn't play, so be sure to check the camera. When the player hears this, they must quickly go into the Backroom to hide, and wait for the sound to finish.
- Toad resembles Foxy from the game Five Nights at Freddy's as both hide, both dislike getting disturbed, and both run to your office, but they both have different jumpscares. Foxy just leans in, while Toad goes in front of your face and appears to slap you.
- In Five Nights at Wario's 3, the player can find a diary in the Living Room 3 where Toad explains how he feels scared about WarioWare Inc.
- "Dear Diary, I actually like my new Job! Sure, Wario and Waluigi can be a bit hard at times, but, well, thats how they just are. They only have money on their mind, I guess. But still, I've had a bad feeling lately. Like, it feels like something terrible is going to happen... like might be the fact that Bowser has been lurking around the building for days now. Because of this, I hide in the cabinet in the Tool Storage when I have some spare time here at work. Nobody really goes in that room anymore, so nobody knows i'm in there! Feels kind of safe to me... so yeah, I tend to hide in there pretty often. At least until I stop seeing Bowser. I'm sure i'm safe in here. - Toad, March 23rd, 1991."
- This diary shows that Toad was always in the Tool Storage hiding in the cabinet because he's afraid of Bowser, and he still carries that fear, even in the afterlife.
- Because Toad was always hiding in the cabinet, it's possible that he may not have been to escape the building when it caught on fire and he probably died in the fire with Bowser. And it's also possible that everyone, even Phone Guy, forgot about him since no one knows he's always in the Tool Storage.
- In Five Nights at Wario's 2, contrary to what some players may think, Toad will not attack the player if they are charging the Generator while he is approaching the Office. It perfectly safe to charge power and he will only attack the player if they stay in the Office instead of retreating to the back room.
Toad makes no appearance in Five Nights at Wario's: Origins as he is not important to the story.
Toad makes no appearance in Five Nights at Wario's 4 as he is not important to the story.
Five Nights at Wario's 2
Five Nights at Wario's 3
|Enemies||Wario • Waluigi • Mario • Luigi • Peach • Wario Man • Bowser • Toad • Yoshi • Ashley • Donkey Kong • Nightmare Wario|
|Humans||Richard McRoy • Phone Guy • Thomas Taylor|